Integrate Oracle SSO with third party SSO Server
"Atul Kumar" in "10gAS, integration, sso" on 2007-11-17
Oracle’s Single Sign-On Server was part of Oracle Application Server till version 10.1.2.0.2
Oracle SSO now is part of Oracle Identity Management (10.1.4) which is part of Oracle Fusion Middleware family.
Various third party Access Management solution which you can integrate with Oracle SSO Server are Netegrity Site Minder, Oblix COREid (now Oracle Access Manager), Sun Java Access Manager
If you wish to integrate any Oracle Application (E-Business Suite/Apps, SOA, BI .. ) with third party access management, you have to first integrate Application with Oracle SSO and in turn integrate Oracle SSO with third party access management server.
Oracle SSO User repository is stored in Oracle Internet Directory (Oracle LDAP Server) so if third party access management user repository is in third party LDAP server (Microsoft’s AD, Sun’s iPlanet ) then you must synchronize users from third party LDAP Server to Oracle Internet Directory (Oracle’s LDAP Server) * If you are on OID 10.1.4.X and higher you can use Server Chaining feature of OID
How Integration of Oracle SSO works with third party access server ?
- During configuration phase you install agent on Oracle SSO Server which
(If user is not yet authenticated by third party access management) redirect user to third party access management server.
(If user is already authenticated by third party access management) then expect token from third party access management to identify user in Oracle SSO Server
- You can use vendor supplied package to integrate Oracle SSO with third party access management or create your own adapter
- Integrate Oracle SSO with third party access management
- 297880.1 Netegrity SiteMinder Integration with OracleAS 10g Single Sign-On
- 248611.1 How to Integrate Third Party Single Sign-On with Oracle9iAS SSO Server (9.0.2)
- 314974.1 How To Pass Credentials Over SiteMinder to Oblix CoreID with SSO
Leave a Reply